Integrated sustainability program
Our integrated sustainability program helps us reduce our carbon footprint year after year and ensures a cleaner and more efficient supply chain. We set ourselves specific environmental goals and help our customers realize theirs. Innovation is a key driver.
When developing new products and services we opt for “green” logistics services and technologies that reduce both our CO2 emissions and our energy consumption. This is how:
- Sustainable transport solutions (Roadtrain, Ecocombi, Multimodal, LNG trucks).
- Strong focus on lowering fuel consumption
- Sustainable warehouses (BREEAM certified).
- Minimal environmental impact of our transport solutions.
- Long term partnerships with our customers.
- Close cooperation with suppliers to reduce energy consumption and waste.
- With customers we look at alternative fuels, optimize loads, redesign supply chains, etc.
Improvements in transport sustainability
We again successfully reduced our CO2 emissions in 2017, to 0.035 kg per tonne/kilometer, right on target. We rejuvenated the fleet by decreasing the number of Euro 5 trucks and increasing the number of Euro 6 trucks by 277. The average euro standard of our fleet increased from 5.3 to 5.6. Furthermore, the increase in LNG vehicles, smart transport solutions such as the Longer Heavier Vehicles (LHV) Ecocombi and multimodal transport (including inland barges in France and the Netherlands) contributed to the reduction in CO2 emissions.