Operations: Transport Planner
Transport planner for Vos Logistics Romania
The Transport Planner takes care for an optimal alignment among transport supply and the use of material:
- Taking responsibility for an optimal alignment among transport orders and the deployment of assets by constantly cooperating with Fleet managers and direct colleagues;
- Determine in cooperation with the Balancer and / or Operational Manager which transport orders should be outsourced;
The Transport Planner organizes the transport order in the most efficient and commercial way by taking account of all different circumstances:
- Optimizing the planning of trucks according to the type of transport order, arrangements with customers, the network and the amount of kilometers and distances;
- Anticipate adequate and proactive on changing or changed circumstances;
- Conducting activities conform fixed procedures and working instructions.
The Transport Planner provides information, processes information and maintains contact with the Fleet managers, direct colleagues, Operational Manager and the Customer Service-department:
- Collecting information provided by the Fleet manager, Operational Manager and the Customer Service-department which should be used by composing a new planning;
- Signaling quality problems, issues and other deviations to modify the planning and, if necessary, informing colleagues;
- Increasing the (internal) cooperation by dividing the workload to provide an equal distribution and a professional way of communicating;
- Completing al the required safety documents and quality documents;
- Informing the Business Analyst / Operational Manager about quality problems, deviations and providing improvement proposals;
- Testing new IT-updates when the Transport Planner is part of the testgroup and reporting findings to the Project Manager.
Bachelor degree is required (or a similar education level) specialized in Transport and / or Logistics;
Excellent English and preferably one extra foreign language such as Spanish, German or French;
The Transport Planner has knowledge of:
- The fleet, equipment, loading and unloading locations, (safe) parking locations, tank locations;
- The transport and legislation of dangerous and hazardous substances on different routes, exemptions and licenses, the driving and resting law etc.;
- The required (custom) documents regarding to EG and non-EG countries;
- Setting up an optimal transport planning;
- Sorting the transport orders by different risk categories regarding to the characteristics of the fleet (knowledge of vehicles and materials);
- Geographics in (mostly) West-European countries;
- The European road network, different routes and lead times (haule);
- Working with a Transport Management System (Lovos).
- A competitive salary;
- Other interesting secondary benefits;
- A career within an international professional organization with an informal atmosphere;
- An interesting and challenging job in a professional, international logistics organization;
- The possibility to develop yourself on the job as well as by training and course
If you have any questions, please contact our HR team by telephone +40 372 412 545, or apply directely.